Do you have little or no experience working in the business sector?
A traineeship programme is just what you need to get your career started.
It’s part of a Government initiative to help school leavers and young people with no experience get their foot in the door and start developing industry and workplace skills.
You’ll receive training from experienced staff and learn the basic foundations of working in an office environment. They’ll teach you how to use Microsoft Office, liaise with customers and answer the company phone as well as other key skills whilst at the same time increasing your confidence.
To be eligible for a traineeship you must:
- Be 16-18 years old.
- Have minimal or no work experience.
- Not hold a Level 3 qualification.
- Not have enough experience for an apprenticeship.
The length of your traineeship programme varies on the individual:
8 -12 weeks.
13- 15 weeks.
16- 20 weeks.
In summary, as a trainee:
- You’ll receive training on the job to develop your skills.
- You won’t be on the payroll but you will have your travel and lunch expenses covered.
- You’ll complete a work placement as well as work preparation which will be delivered by your Trainer-Coach.
- You’ll receive Maths and English tutoring (if needed).
- You’ll secure an interview for an apprenticeship and a reference to put on your CV at the end of the programme.