The British Showjumping Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (AASE) is designed for elite athletes aged 16-19, identified by their National Governing Body as having the potential to excel in their sport.
Haddon Training has offered the AASE for British Showjumping since 2013. Five cohorts have been run and we’ve seen over a hundred riders complete the programme and go on to have stunning results.
This Level 3 programme offers riders the chance to continue their education and gain a nationally recognised qualification in a relevant and inspiring environment. They also receive training from the top coaches in Showjumping. Riders must attend 6 two-day training camps during the programme and complete a portfolio of evidence which meets the Awarding Organisation Standards.
British Showjumping sees AASE as an essential tool to enable talented riders to benefit from expert coaching in all aspects of the sport.
It will offer you potential to maximise opportunities and pursue a career in British Showjumping. This is both as a competitive rider in the short and medium term, or in a long term alternative career in the field.
During the AASE programme you will:
- Learn how to perform at the absolute highest level.
- Benefit from top level coaches, facilities and support.
- Improve your expertise in technical and tactical skills, mental and physical development, goal setting and preparing for competition.
- Plan your career in elite sport and alternative sport-related employment.
Develop life skills, including communications, teamwork, creative thinking, self-management, dealing with the media and lifestyle management.
4 AASE learners are now on the Podium Potential World Class Squad (pictured left to right).
- Emma O’Dwyer (AASE Cohort 2)
- Millie Allen (AASE Cohort 3)
- Jake Saywell (AASE Cohort 1) Jake reprented GB in thr Nanjing Youth Olympics 2014
- Jessica Mendoza (AASE Cohort 1) Jess was Travelling Reserve for the Rio 2016 Olympic Team
10 learners represented Team GBR at European Championships for British Showjumping and 2 for British Eventing.
5 additional learners have represented Team GBR at Nations Cup series.
For all enquiries please contact the AASE Coordinator Staci Cox on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01672 519977