Animal Care Traineeships
Do you have little or no experience working with animals?
A Traineeship programme is just what you need to start your career.
It’s part of a Government initiative to help school leavers and young people with no experience get their foot in the door and start developing industry and workplace skills.
You’ll receive training from professionals and learn the basic foundations of animal care. They’ll give you an understanding of the care and welfare of animals in a commercial business, as well as giving you a big increase in your confidence.
Alongside the practical experience, you can also achieve a qualification to develop your CV and make yourself more attractive to employers.
To be eligible for a traineeship you must:
- Be 16-18 years old.
- Have minimal or no work experience.
- Not hold a Level 3 qualification.
- Not have enough experience for an Apprenticeship.
- Most importantly, have a passion for animals.
The length of your traineeship programme varies on the individual:
- 8 -12 weeks.
- 13- 15 weeks.
- 16- 20 weeks.
In summary, as a trainee:
- You’ll receive training on the job to develop your skills.
- You won’t be on the payroll but you will have your travel and lunch expenses covered.
- You’ll complete a work placement as well as work preparation which will be delivered by your Assessor-Trainer.
- You’ll receive Maths and English tutoring (if needed).
- You’ll secure an interview for an apprenticeship and a reference to put on your CV at the end of the programme.
Give our recruitment team a call today on 01672 519977 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your traineeship started.