Business and Administration Level 2 Apprenticeship
The Apprenticeship duration is a minimum of 12 months.
Who is the Business Administration Level 2 apprenticeship for?
If you want to become a highly skilled and highly effective member of a team, then the Business Administration Apprenticeship could be right for you. It will help you increase performance, productivity and awareness of process and best practise. The Apprenticeship offers a broad understanding of many office based roles and procedures.
For people who:
- Help with the administration and recording of information for the business as part of their job role, but not necessarily their entire role.
- Are dealing with day to day basic administration tasks.
- Organise the diary, take bookings, update customer records and communicate with customers and staff.
What will I learn?
You can choose from a large bank of optional units, allowing you to show understanding and skills in a variety of areas, including:
- Human resources
- Document production
- Finance and managing information
At the end of the apprenticeship, we’ll prepare you for the end-point assessment.
- Maths and English
Maths and English will be included in the delivery of the programme; unless you have achieved Grade A-C or 9-5 at GCSE level or a Level 2 Functional Skills qualification.
You will have to complete your Functional Skills at Level 2 to achieve the full qualification. Teaching and support for Maths and English will be given in the workplace and contextualised to the working environment.
- Eligibility and employment
To access the Government funding to become an Apprentice you will need to:
- Be any age.
- Have been an EU resident for a minimum of 3 years.
- Not to be in full time education.
- Not be in full time education; school, college, university or on another apprenticeship.
- You will be a full time, employed member of staff
- You can be paid the minimum of £3.70 per hour (National Minimum Apprenticeship Wage April 2017) unless you are aged 19 or over and completed the first year of your apprenticeship
- You will need to have a contract of employment with your employer
- Teaching, learning and assessment
- You will be given access to a dedicated e-portfolio system called E-Track to help manage your training programme.
- E-Track allows you to upload your work to your Trainer-Coach and get feedback in-between visits; it also shows your progression through the apprenticeship.
- You will learn by completing some of the following elements:
- One-to-one teaching, learning and assessment.
- Online virtual learning.
- Online interactive resource suite.
- Career progression
On completion you can progress to the Level 3 Business and Administration Apprenticeship.
A career in business is filled with opportunities to move up the ladder, across disciplines – it can even take you abroad.
Have a look at our Business Career Path!