We hope that you will find a wealth of information on our website but please do contact us directly if you are unsure or have questions.
- Policies and procedures
If you would like a complete list of the policies and procedures that we adhere too please Click Here
- The Wider Curriculum
The wider curriculum subjects are an integral part of work-based learning covering: Employability Training, Cultural Development, PREVENT, Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Information, Advice and Guidance. This guide explores the different topics to help prepare you for both work and life, delivering a well-balanced curriculum.
Please see the full document here: The Wider Curriculum
- Helplines and online resources
Local authorities and councils have their own dedicated support and specialised organisations to support individual needs. Should you need to contact your local council or to review their services, you can find their details here: www.gov.uk/find-local-council.
We have listed a series of helplines and support available below
Mental Health and Well-being
British Grooms Association – Grooms Minds – an online recourse centre supporting mental health and well-being for their Members.
Young Minds – fighting for young people’s mental health; leading the way to support young minds to ensure they are supported and empowered, whatever the challenges.
The Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families has launched a website to help young people have more engagement in mental health support and to give them a greater say in the treatment they receive.
- Mind Tel: 0300 123 3393 Text: 86463 / www.mind.org.uk
- Samaritans Tel: 116 123 www.samaritans.org
- Mental Health UK Tel: 020 7840 3008 email@example.com
- The Mix (under 25s) Tel: 0808 808 4994 https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support
Bullying affects us all. But what is bullying and how can you spot the signs? Here is a selection of helpful links and resources:
You can us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Animal Welfare Act is a piece of legislation which aims to ensure that animals are not mistreated by humans, whether through improper care or sheer cruelty. Under The Protection of Animals Act 1911 it is an offence to cause unnecessary physical or mental suffering to an animal and currently, enforcement action can only be taken to protect an animal after it has suffered.
- RSPCA: www.rspca.org.uk
- RSPB: www.rspb.org.uk
- The Animal Welfare Foundation: www.animalwelfarefoundation.org.uk
- Animal Welfare Guidance: www.gov.uk/guidance/animal-welfare
- World Horse Welfare: www.worldhorsewelfare.org
- British Horse Racing Authority: www.britishhorseracing.com
- Sense East Tel: 01954 267056 www.sense.org.uk
- Total Voice Tel: 0300 2225704 www.totalvoicecp.org
- Mencap Tel: 0808 808 1111 www.mencap.org.uk
- Scope Tel: 0800 800 3333 www.scope.org.uk
If a child is in immediate danger you should contact the Police/Ambulance on 999
If there is no immediate danger or you need advice or information – all the contacts for your local area can be found on the Government website.
Staying safe online
- Cyber Bullying: www.bullying.co.uk/cyberbullying
- Safety Net Kids: www.safetynetkids.org.uk
- Childline, staying safe online: www.childline.org.uk/info-advice
- Get Safe Online: www.getsafeonline.org
Domestic Abuse Information
National Domestic Violence 24-hour helpline: Tel: 0808 2000 247
- NHS Guide to Sexual Health Services
- NHS Find Sexual Health Services
- NHS Looking after your sexual health
- NHS Pregnancy and Baby Guide
- Pregnancy & Birth – Employees Guide
LGBT Support & Helplines
- LGBT Foundation Tel: 0345 3 30 30 30 www.lgbt.foundation
- LGBT Consortium Tel: 020 7064 6500 www.lgbtconsortium.org.uk
- Switchboard LGBT Tel: 0300 330 0630 www.switchboard.lgbt
- NHS Eight tips for eating well: www.nhs.uk/live-well
- British Nutrition Foundation: www.nutrition.org.uk
- NHS Alcohol Support: www.nhs.uk/live-well/alcohol-support/
- Drink Aware Support: www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-support-services/ Tel: 020 7766 9900
- UK Addiction Treatment Centre: www.ukat.co.uk/alcohol/how-to-help-alcoholic Tel: 0808 278 4770
- Talk to Frank: www.talktofrank.com Tel: 0300 123 660
Debt & Financial Management Support
- Government support to paying off debt: www.gov.uk/options-for-paying-off-your-debts
- National Debtline: www.nationaldebtline.org
- Debt Advice Foundation: www.debtadvicefoundation.org Tel: 0800 043 40 50
- Young Adults & Money Management: www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
The government skills tool kit
The government Skills Toolkit is made up of free online courses, tools and resources to help you improve your digital and numeracy skills. The Department for Education has consulted some of the country’s leading educational experts and employers to make up a collection of high-quality resources to suit a range of interests and skill levels.
There are courses that will give you an introduction to getting confident online to more advanced digital skills for use in the workplace. These are all short courses that can be completed at home, in your own time, at your own pace.
- Employer and Apprentice Surveys
We strive for continuous improvement across our business and therefore run a survey for employers and apprentices/trainees to gain feedback on all elements of the courses we run.
When it comes to guiding and supporting our learners,we know the importance of having the best Trainer-Coaches. MORE