We know how hard it can be deciding which career path to go down, so we wanted to simplify where racing apprenticeships can take you and what we offer our racing learners, from benefits to future opportunities.
- Support from our expert Trainer Coaches.
- Qualifications that help secure your future in racing.
- Maths and English development.
- Amazing opportunities to work with the best in the business, earn money and study simultaneously.
- Short journey transport qualification also offered as part of your apprenticeship.
- Work closely with incredible horses, learning their individual personalities.
- Work with people who share the same passion for the industry.
- Great for an active outdoor lifestyle and keeping fit!
- Opportunity to attend key events and races.
On completion of your apprenticeship, you’ll have:
- Qualifications that meet the BHA rules to give you the best start in the industry
- Real practical experience recognised by future employers.
- Regulated pay structure for racing grooms.
- Minimum salary rates, standardised overtime rates and minimum level of working conditions agreed by NARS and the NTF
A racing groom apprenticeship can allow you to progress into many different roles:
- Travelling Head Groom.
- Assistant Trainer.
- Yard Manager.
- Head Groom.
What do you need to succeed?
- A degree of horsemanship will be required, though previous racing experience isn’t essential.
- Motivation to work flexible shifts, early mornings and outdoors in all weather.
- Dedication and a passion for the sport.
- A team player with a reasonable level of fitness.
As an award-winning training provider, we are proud to deliver specialist racing groom qualifications, supported by our dedicated team of expert Trainer Coaches!