Work for us
Due to the continued growth and evolution of Haddon Training, we are often looking for new talent to join our team. All available roles will be posted below, please click on a title to see full details and how to apply.
- Part-Time Functional Skills Specialists in the North or in the South-East
As a Functional Skills Specialist, you will report to the Curriculum Lead and form part of the quality team. You will have excellent apprenticeship experience as well as a proven ability in teaching Maths and English to achieve high-quality outcomes for learners whilst delivering year on year improvements in effectiveness and efficiency.
You will have the ability to manage the teaching; coaching and additional support for a caseload of learners within Haddon Training to ensure we meet all regulatory, quality and funding requirements. Your role will be to support the delivery team to ensure learner achievement and enable equality of opportunity for learners to reach their full potential.
- Manage a caseload of apprentices.
- Delivery of Maths, English and ALS throughout the business.
- Support field-based teams and Area Managers to secure a 75% pass first time rate in all Functional Skills at Level 2.
- Plan and deliver the teaching of Functional Skills within funding dates and provide intervention where these will cause risk of a learner not achieving or not achieving in a timely fashion.
- Provide clear, written audit trails of work undertaken to ensure learner management data remains current and updated.
- Support the development of schemes of work, lesson plans, individual learning plans and risk assessments to continuously improve the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Support the implementation of the Functional Skills reforms.
- Attend monthly team meetings, input to standardisation and sharing of best practice.
- Attend operational team meetings to share and collaborate regarding learner progress.
- Input into External Quality Assurance activity to ensure low-risk status remains.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as agreed with line manager.
Person Specification: Behaviours
- Actively promote our mission, vision and values to learners and employers.
- Promote a learner-focused work ethic based on respect, problem-solving and innovation and promote a ‘can-do’ culture.
- Actively contribute to the delivery of business objectives.
- Maintain effective partnerships and relationships with both internal and external customers and other appropriate organisations.
- Actively undertake continuing professional development relevant to your role and in line with company policy.
- Actively promote equality of opportunity and diversity in all areas of work.
- Be an advocate for Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Prevent and ensure these are embedded in everything you do.
Person Specification: Skills
- Excellent Maths and English teaching strategies
- Performs well under pressure
- Time management
- Passion for people, processes and systems
- Good IT skills
- Understanding apprenticeships
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of commitment to improving people’s lives through learning
- Ability to convey information which needs careful explanation or interpretation
- Experience in designing and developing curriculum for Maths and English
Person Specification: Knowledge
- Previous experience in a Functional Skills delivery role
- Assessment and Teaching Qualifications
- Knowledge of apprenticeship programmes and government funding
- Excellent knowledge of Maths, English and Additional Learning Support
- An understanding of reformed Functional Skills
- Knowledge of SEN(D) and appropriate strategies
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain a caseload of 50 learners (FTE)
- All learners to receive monthly visits, as a minimum, for Functional Skills
- All learners to have access to remote visits and group webinar delivery
- All learners to maintain a secure audit trail to protect funds
- 75% Pass First Time rate for all Functional Skills exams
- 75% of learner caseload to achieve Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 2
- Less than 5% of learners past funding end date for Functional Skills
Maintain in-learning ALN support
- All learners in receipt of ALN funds to have a robust and clear ALN Plan in place that is compliant with funding rules
- All learners in receipt of ALN funds to receive monthly ALN support visits
- All learners in receipt of ALN funds to have a secure audit trail in place
- Attend monthly team meetings & input to standardisation
- Monitor and maintain own CPD
Please send all CV with a covering email clearly stating the geographical area that you are interested in applying for to Keira Walker
- Business Trainer Coach – Swindon
Due to continued growth within our business sector, we are looking to strengthen our delivery team with the appointment of a new team member based in or around Swindon.
Haddon Training has recently won a number of Levy Tenders to deliver Operational Management, Team Leader Supervisor, Business Administrator and Customer Service Practitioner and Specialist across the South West and South East of England. We also work with an increasing number of micro and SME companies.
Our blended learning model offers classroom-based/cohort delivery, face to face individual teaching, coaching and mentoring, assignments and webinars, etc.
We presently support 12 key accounts in the South West and South East of England, working with both private and public sector organisations.
We are looking for a high performing, qualified and experienced individual to join the team. Experience of delivery on Apprenticeship Standards and the differences in the sector post reforms is highly desirable.
It is essential that the individual can:
- Deliver L3 Administration
- Deliver L3 Customer Service
- Deliver to a group/classroom
It is desirable that the individual can:
- Deliver L5 Management
- Deliver L4 Administration
You will manage a caseload of learners, the majority based at one major employer, supporting the entire learner journey, including;
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Delivery of Functional English, maths and Digital Skills
- Supporting the wider curriculum (PREVENT, British Values, Safeguarding etc.)
- Completing interim and mock EPA assessments.
- You will work closely with employers and our internal Quality and Curriculum teams to develop high quality/bespoke Training Plans and delivery models.
This is an exciting time to join a growing team in a friendly, people-orientated business.
You will be rewarded with
- A competitive salary
- Car allowance, roadside recovery and business mileage rate
- 23 days holiday pa, plus Bank and Public Holidays. Your holiday entitlement will increase by one day for each year of service (up to 30 days)
- Your birthday off
- Investment in your CPD/development with opportunities to develop into IQA/Partnership Management roles
- Pension Scheme
Please email your CV to Keira Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MIS & Compliance Apprentice
Due to continued growth within our Head Office team, we are looking for an MIS & Compliance Apprentice to undertake either a Level 2 or Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship.
- Operate a clear desk policy
- To process electronic and hard copy Enrolments, completions and leavers in a timely manner
- To run compliant audit checks and update Haddon Tracker system
- Run reports to cleanse data
- Communicate with learners, employers and internal staff
- Answer the phone and deal with telephone queries
- Manage the MIS Email box dealing with requests and queries for information
- Attend meetings where appropriate internally and externally
- Admin duties including Filing, scanning, portfolio building, dealing with mail-in and out
- Any other duties deemed appropriate Essential
Qualifications and Experience:
- Some IT skills that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- To hold Level 1 Functional Skills Maths and English and ICT
- To be willing to work towards: Health and Safety at work, Safeguarding, ED&I, Tracker training, GDPR Training, Data protection Training
- You will have some administrative experience
- You will have the ability to prioritise, plan your work
- You will have good communication skills and be confident in dealing with people on the telephone
- An eye for detail
- A team player, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a good sense of humour
- To be able to work on own initiative and maturity but also able to work as a team player
- To demonstrate effective time management, planning and organisational skills
- To share our passion for outstanding customer service (Customer Charter)
- Bring new ideas to the table
- Access to the company pension scheme
- 23 days holiday (plus 8 Bank/Public Holidays)
- Your Birthday off
- Expenses incurred on business travel fully covered
- Investment in your career development/CPD
Please email your CV to Keira Walker at email@example.com