Work for us
Please see our current vacancies below.
- Horse Care Assessor wanted in West Midlands/Staffordshire and Berkshire/Oxfordshire
Overview of the role:
To enrol, induct, assess, train, teach and support a caseload of learners who are undertaking an Apprenticeship, Advanced Apprenticeship or other Work Based Learning programme (e.g. Diploma, Traineeship etc.).
Working with the Equine Team-Leader, you will be responsible for:
Enrolment: to thoroughly and accurately complete the enrolment process and documentation for each learner and submit documentation to the central team.
Induction: to carry out a full introduction to Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) and PREVENT/Safeguarding; and conduct a site health & safety check and risk assessments. To complete English, Maths, learning styles and ICT diagnostic assessments, providing the learner with detailed feedback and agree areas for support. Generate an ISP (ITLP insert)
Learner progression: to visit all learners every 30 days and complete a detailed visit record, clearly showing progress against all learning aim. To visit ALN learners fortnightly to provide interim English and maths teaching, learning and support and ensure that there is 20% off the job training; and to ensure all English and Maths work is marked, corrected and discussed with the learner – clearly embedding Functional Skills
Data and Time Management: to submit portfolios/work for sample as requested by the nominated IQA. To review the Audit Log each week and ensure actions are closed within 14 working days. To ensure all learners achieve in a timely manner (by the planned funding end date)
- Excellent IT skills that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- To hold or achieve Level 2 Functional Skills Literacy and Numeracy and ICT
- To hold appropriate qualifications in a specialist vocational area e.g. Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum
- TAQA qualified
- Relevant teaching qualification (Minimum PTTLS) or Education and Training level 3 or 4
- Sufficient vocational background/industry experience and skills to cover the full standard
- To be able to work on own initiative and maturity but also able to work as a team player
- To demonstrate effective time management, planning and organisational skills
- Ability to build a strong working relationship with colleagues, learners and employers; demonstrating outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- To share our passion for outstanding customer service (Customer Charter)
- To be aware of delicate and sensitive areas of confidentiality and ensure data protection at all times
- Absolute attention to detail
- Participate in the promotional and marketing of Haddon’s training programmes and courses
- If under capacity, self-generate a minimum of 2 leads per month
- Attend monthly 121 caseload reviews with Programme Manager
- Attend and participate fully in monthly team meetings
- Attend standardisation sessions as and when required
- Maintain and submit a log of CPD (internal and external) – every quarter
- £23,000per annum
- £3,000 car allowance, annual roadside recovery and mileage rate paid.
- We will invest in your CPD and career, with progression opportunities.
- Starting holiday entitlement of 23 days holiday per year + plus Bank Holidays. Holiday entitlement increases by one day per year up to 30 days.
- Access to NEST pension scheme.
- Birthday Day Off
Closing date: Friday 30th November. Email your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 01672 519977 to find out more about the role.
- Racehorse Care Trainer wanted in Wiltshire
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Racing Trainer-Coach to join our Team. We can offer flexible working arrangements to the right candidate, however, it is essential that you possess race riding experience and be competent in all aspects of the racing industry. You will ideally hold an assessor qualification together with a Level 3 in Racehorse Care & Management.
• You will support a caseload of up to 30 Apprentices.
• You will manage your own caseload and diary – scheduling monthly visits with your learners.
• You will complete enrolments/inductions and work with both learner and employer to develop a robust teaching, learning and assessment plan. Note: We employ a separate business development team to source leads and starts.
• You will coach, mentor, train, teach and assess your candidates, ensuring regular and timely progress.
• You will deliver Functional Skills – Math and English.
• You will be working with learners to develop their employability skills and deliver wider curricular subjects: Safeguarding, PREVENT, GDPR, Cyber Security, and Sustainability etc.
• You will have good communication skills and be confident in dealing with people on the telephone.
• An eye for detail and accuracy.
• A team player, with a ‘can do’ attitude and a good sense of humour.
• Salary £22,000 – £25,000 DOE.
• £3,000 car allowance, annual roadside recovery and mileage rate paid.
• We will invest in your CPD and career, with progression opportunities.
• Starting holiday entitlement of 23 days holiday per year + plus Bank Holidays. Holiday entitlement increases by one day per year up to 30 days.
• Access to NEST pension scheme.
• Birthday Day Off
We are happy to receive applications from individuals looking for part-time and full-time employment, with flexible hours available. Please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com by Friday 30th November . For more information, please ring the office on 01672 519977.